While having a tree on your property can help increase its market value and improve its curb appeal, sometimes trees can cause more damage than good. Knowing whether the trees on your property are healthy or need to be removed can be quickly assessed by an arborist. Having your trees assessed can help you determine whether or not the tree needs to be removed before it causes any damage. There are many reasons why you may need a professional tree removal services and there is some important question you should ask when you begin looking for one.
Why you need a professional tree removal service?
- While to the average homeowner the trees on your property may appear to be healthy and strong but some may be diseased or damaged in ways you cannot detect. A professional arborist can easily identify what trees may be a potential hazard and should be removed. Some reason you may need to have a tree removed include:
- Dead trees should be removed.
- The trunk of the tree shows signs of decay.
- Tree was damaged from a storm.
- The tree or roots are growing too close to your home or other structures.
- A leaning tree that can potentially fall over onto your home, driveway or another area where there is frequent activity needs to be removed.
- The tree is providing too much shade over your yard, causing you grass to die or not grow.
The main reason to remove a tree is strictly for safety precautions. You do not want to leave a damaged or unhealthy tree on your property because it can be unpredictable to determine if and when it may fall or cause damage to your property.
How to Hire a Professional Tree Removal Service?
When it comes to hiring a tree removal service you can begin by asking your neighbors or friends for recommendations. Anytime you go to hire a professional tree removal service company you will want to be sure to ask them these basic questions:
1. Is the tree removal company an accredited company? This will give you the reassurance that the company follows the strict guidelines in place by the Tree Care Industry Association to safely and effective remove the unwanted tree.
2. Is there a certified arborist employed by the company? An arborist will be the one who has the education and understanding of how specific trees grow. They will be the best individuals to determine which trees on your property can be potential hazards.
3. Is the tree removal service company insured? If the company is not insured, you want to move on to the next. Not only does this protect you but it also protects the workers as well. There are a number of accidents that can happen during the tree removal process and you want to make sure you will not be held liable for any damage or injuries that may occur.
4. How do you plan to remove the tree? What equipment will you be using? You want to make sure they company works with you to provide the best options for removing the tree. You will also want to know if you will need to take care of the cleanup and what will be done with the tree after it has been cut down.
Learn more Edmonton tree removal services on the Urban Sawyers website.